A document released by the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicates that day A year after the start of the war From Ukraine, Beijing’s vision of peace is presented. There are 12 points in the scheme. Below is the peace plan from China’s point of view:
1. Respect for the sovereignty of all nations. Universally recognized international law, including the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter, must be observed. The sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of all nations must be effectively maintained. All nations, big or small, strong or weak, rich or poor, are equal members of the international community. All parties must jointly uphold the fundamental norms governing international relations and safeguard international fairness and justice. Equitable and consistent application of international law should be encouraged, while double standards should be rejected.
2. Abandoning the Cold War mentality. The security of one country should not be pursued at the expense of others. Security of a region should not be achieved by strengthening or expanding military bases. The legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries must be taken seriously and addressed accordingly. There is no simple solution to a complex problem. All parties should contribute to the creation of a balanced, effective and sustainable European security architecture, following a vision of common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable security, with a view to the long-term peace and stability of the world. All parties should resist pursuing their own security at the risk of others’ security, prevent factional conflict, and work together for peace and stability on the Eurasian continent.
3. Ceasefire. Conflict and war do not benefit anyone. All parties must exercise discretion and control, avoid escalating tensions and prevent the situation from escalating. All parties should support Russia and Ukraine to work in the same direction and start direct dialogue as soon as possible to gradually de-escalate the situation and eventually reach a comprehensive ceasefire.
4. Resumption of peace talks. Dialogue and negotiation are the only viable solutions to the Ukraine crisis. All efforts leading to a peaceful resolution of the crisis should be encouraged and supported. The international community must be committed to promoting the right approach and peace talks, helping the conflicting parties open the door to an early political settlement and creating the conditions and platform for the resumption of negotiations. China will continue to play a constructive role in this regard.
5. Addressing the humanitarian crisis. All measures to alleviate the humanitarian crisis should be encouraged and supported. Humanitarian operations should follow principles of neutrality and impartiality and humanitarian issues should not be politicized. Civilian safety must be effectively safeguarded, and humanitarian corridors must be created to evacuate civilians from conflict zones. Efforts are needed to increase humanitarian assistance in relevant areas, improve humanitarian conditions and provide rapid, safe and unimpeded humanitarian access to prevent a wider humanitarian crisis. The UN should be supported in playing a coordinating role in providing humanitarian assistance to conflict zones.
6. Protection of civilians and prisoners of war. Parties to the conflict must respect international law, refrain from attacking civilians or civilian settlements, protect women, children and other victims of the conflict and respect the basic rights of prisoners. China supports the exchange of prisoners between Russia and Ukraine and calls on all parties to create more favorable conditions for this purpose.
7. Keeping nuclear power plants safe. China opposes armed attacks against nuclear power plants or other civilian nuclear facilities and requires all parties, including the Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS), to abide by international law and resolutely avoid man-made nuclear accidents. China supports the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in playing a constructive role in improving the safety and security of peaceful nuclear power plants.
8. Reducing strategic risks. No use of nuclear weapons, no nuclear wars. States must resist the threat or use of nuclear weapons. Nuclear proliferation must be curbed and nuclear crisis avoided. China opposes the research, development and use of chemical and biological weapons by any country under any circumstances.
9. Facilitation of grain export. All parties should fully and efficiently implement the Black Sea Grains Initiative, signed by Russia, Turkey, Ukraine and the UN, and support the UN to play a leading role in this matter. China’s proposed global food security cooperation initiative offers a possible solution to the global food crisis.
10. Termination of Unilateral Sanctions. One-sided barriers and maximum pressure cannot solve the problem; It only creates new problems. China opposes unilateral sanctions not authorized by the UN Security Council. In order to play their part in mitigating the Ukrainian crisis and create conditions for developing countries to develop their economies and improve the lives of their people, relevant countries should stop abusing unilateral sanctions and long-arm jurisdiction against other countries.
11. Maintaining stability of industry and supply chains. All parties must diligently maintain the existing global economic system and resist using the global economy as a tool or weapon for political purposes. Joint efforts are needed to mitigate the effects of the crisis, prevent international cooperation in energy, finance, food trade and transport, and prevent it from derailing the global economic recovery.
12. Promoting post-conflict rehabilitation. The international community should take steps to support post-conflict reconstruction in conflict zones. China stands ready to assist and play a constructive role in this effort.
Like the most important news of the day, delivered in real-time and distributed evenly Our Facebook page!
follows Mediafax on Instagram See fascinating pictures and stories from around the world!
Answer on the websites of Aleph News, Mediafax, Ziarul Financiar and our social media pages – ȘTIU and Aleph News. From 19.55, Aleph News, see the answer to I know.
The content of the www.mediafax.ro website is for your information and personal use only. This is is prohibited Reproduction of content on this site without permission from MEDIAFAX. To receive this agreement, please contact us at [email protected]
“Evil gamer. Amateur music trailblazer. Alcohol geek. Problem solver. Coffee advocate. Troublemaker. Infuriatingly humble zombieaholic.”