Welcome to Bleacher Report’s coverage and recap of WWE Raw on March 27th.
This is the final episode of Raw before WrestleMania 39 this weekend, so we can expect WWE to tie the bow on all the major storylines heading into the pay-per-view.
Before going on to battle Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes stepped into the ring with Solo Sekua in their first ever singles match.
We also saw The Miz Lita host Trist Stratus and Becky Lynch on Miz TV, Brock Lesnar and Omos had a heavyweight, massive eight man match with The Street Profits, RIcochet and Braun Strowman at Alpha Academy and The Viking Raiders.
Let’s take a look at what happened on the home episode of WWE Raw before WrestleMania.
The Miz Raw opened with an episode of Miz TV. He seemed excited to be on the way to WrestleMania as he serves as host this year.
He brought Lynch, Stratus and Lita as his guests to discuss their upcoming match against Bayley, Io Sky and Dakota Kai this weekend. As expected, the damage CTRL made its way into the ring. This inevitably led to a match between Lynch and Sky.
The man pounced on the sky as soon as the bell rang. She was in complete control of The Genius of the Sky until a distraction at ringside allowed Sky to kick her in the face.
After both women worked hard, Lynch sealed the victory at the Manhandle Slam. Although there was a bit of chaos early on, the end of this match was clean.
The Miz TV segment felt unnecessary as a way to facilitate this match, but it was a good way for The Miz to kick off the show and remind us that he’s the host of WrestleMania. He’s good at his role and did his job here without taking any focus away from the women in the ring.
The ensuing match was a PPV level performance. It was a great physical competitive fight and some stand out moments. It was a great way to kick off the show and put the audience in the right mood.
winner: Becky Lynch
Notable moments and notes
- Say what you will about The Miz, but this guy always dresses like a million bucks. He and Cody Rhodes are the only ones who wear a suit every week.
- The Miz got an uproarious reaction when he made the crowd say Miz TV with him.
- Bailey did a good job shutting down “What?” cheers.
- Lynch hit a reverse DDT that almost landed badly because Sky fell a second too late. Thank God, she was fine.
- She went sky high when she hit the German suplex, so she had to hit a second one. The sequence looks great though.
“Travel geek. Incurable music expert. Food maven. Troublemaker. Lifelong student. Avid tv junkie.”