WWE trips to Madison Square Garden are always a bigger deal than the average home show. The way the company made its March 5 trip to their “playground” as the last big stop on the road to WrestleMania 38, expectations were higher than ever.
And that was before the hearsay mill started. When like a couple of outstanding voices Fighting And WrestleVotes have reported that hearing big things could happen tonight…
“Watch the garden tonight” was just said…
– WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) March 5, 2022
…fans’ imaginations are starting to take off. Cody Rhodes Debut! Stone Cold starts his show with Kevin Owens! Brock Lesnar gives up the WWE title!
The company was playing in the last one. Lesnar was going to face a mysterious opponent chosen by Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman in the main event. People who tweeted from the venue said the WWE camera was rolling as Beast Incarnate entered. Sure, that’s what all the fuss was about, right?!?!
Yeah. Austin theory.
There was a reason to film it. After Brock made a short dent to opponent Pat McAfee at WrestleMania, he appeared. Reigns (who successfully defended his world title by throttling Seth Rollins before the break) is back with The Usos (who earlier beat The New Day to retain the SmackDown Tag Team Championship). Lesnar initially fought them, but Heyman distracted his former client, allowing the chief of the tribe to hit him with the chair.
Brock was caught open – bloody self-mutilation! Jimmy & Jey brought the steps into the ring, dropped the Universal Champion WWE on those with the Rock Bottom (!) and closed the show standing above him with both belts.
Not a huge surprise, but if you’ve been there and you haven’t worked yourself on a Twitter photoshoot, it looks like everyone had a great time. Brooke did!
Here are all the results from Manhattan:
– Alpha Academy def. RK-Bro to keep the Raw Tag titles. Riddle and Randy Orton injured RKOs after Otis pinned Riddle.
– Finn Balor def. Damien Priest by DQ (low strike) to retain the United States Championship
– Osos def. The new day to keep the SmackDown Tag belts. Kofi installed after 1D
– Becky Lynch def. Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair retain the Raw Women’s Championship. Belair hit Ripley with a KOD, but Lynch with her knocked out the ring and stole the pin.
– Roman times def. Seth Rollins in about five minutes to retain the world title
– Miz TV with Kevin Owens showed KO playing a beloved while Miz ranted about how he handled his WrestleMania partner Logan Paul in Mania last year. Owens ended up hitting the Miz amazing.
– Drew McIntyre def. Sami Zayn by installing with Claymore
– Ronda Rousey and Naomi def. Charlotte Flair and Sonya Deville. Flair was exploited in Rousey’s bar
– Brock Lesnar def. Austin’s theory of retaining the WWE title; Then he was beaten by Reigns
“Travel geek. Incurable music expert. Food maven. Troublemaker. Lifelong student. Avid tv junkie.”