On the 47th day of the war in Ukraine, tensions escalated. Russia has appointed a new commander-in-chief known for its atrocities against civilians in other battlefields. On Monday, he will meet with Austrian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, where more than 1,200 new bodies have been found in the Kiev region.
War in UkrainePhoto: Photo Gallery
Summary of the most important events of the last two days:
- According to the World Bank, Ukraine’s economy could collapse by half due to war. Anna Fjorde, vice president of the bank, says Ukraine needs “massive immediate financial assistance.”
- Austrian President Karl Nehmmer will meet with Putin in Moscow on Monday after meeting with Zhelensky on Saturday. “We are militarily neutral, but we have a clear position on the war of aggression against #Ukraine,” Nehmmer wrote on Twitter about Austria. “It simply came to our notice then. We need a thorough investigation into humanitarian routes, ceasefires and war crimes.
- The bodies of more than 1,200 people have been found in the Kiev region, according to the Ukrainian public prosecutor.
- Russian attacks continued over the weekend in eastern and southern Ukraine.
- On Sunday, Russian forces fired rockets into the Lukansk and Dnipropetrovsk regions, completely destroying the airport in the city of Dnipropetrovsk, said Valentin Resnishenko, governor of the Central Dnipropetrovsk region.
- Russia’s invasion has forced a quarter of Ukraine’s 44 million people to flee their homes, turn cities into ruins and kill or injure thousands, Reuters reports.
- EU foreign ministers will discuss details of the sixth set of sanctions against Russia on Monday.
The most important information on Monday regarding the invasion was the Livetext on HotNews.ro:
07:00 US President Joe Biden is scheduled to meet Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi online on Monday White House report. The two will discuss the epidemic and the world economy and “consultations on the consequences of Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine.”
06:00 Just after 6 a.m., air strike sirens sounded again in Kiev. Local media reported that sirens sounded in Lviv, Dnipro and Zaporizhzha areas as well. Earlier, Ukrainian President Zhelensky warned his comrades to prepare for “bigger operations in the eastern state” of Russia.
04:20 According to The Guardian, Russia’s Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov will carry out Russian attacks not only on the besieged port of Mariupol, but also in Kiev and other Ukrainian cities. “There will be an attack not only against Mariupol, but also in other cities and villages. We will liberate Lukansk and Donetsk first, and then capture Kiev and all other cities.”
23:30 A powerful bomb exploded Sunday night In the Ukrainian city of NikolaevPort city with access to the Black Sea between Gershon and Odessa in southern Ukraine:
“Evil gamer. Amateur music trailblazer. Alcohol geek. Problem solver. Coffee advocate. Troublemaker. Infuriatingly humble zombieaholic.”