Harry and Meghan Markle Expect to Spend $2.8 Million on Frogmore Cottage Again: Expert

News

March 4, 2023 | 7:37 a.m

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are looking to recoup the $2.8 million they spent renovating Frogmore Cottage now that it’s no longer theirs, according to a royal expert.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been given an eviction notice by King Charles, who told the couple to “vacate” the property.

Harry and Meghan are said to have been “blown away” by the order disguised as a request, and will now be looking for a huge refund to hit their accounts.

“I’m sure that’s something that would have been taken into account at the bean counters at Buckingham Palace,” said The Sunday Times royal editor Roya Nikah. True Royalty TV’s “The Royal Beat”.

The Sussex were more or less handed an eviction notice from King Charles, who told them to vacate the property.
stock struggle

“I don’t think Buckingham Palace would give them notice and evict them and not recognize the fact that there is a certain period left to run under the lease. Harry and Meghan renewed their lease last year, and I’m sure they will look to get that money back.”

She continued, “I don’t think that’s going to be an issue — it’s more about the optics,” adding that it “means the King doesn’t care about the optics of this decision.”

“It’s his decision. Flavor added,” he added.

The late Queen Elizabeth II gifted the Sussex family home after their wedding in 2018.
stock struggle

King Charles began the eviction process from the five-bedroom luxury estate in January – just a day after Harry’s “Spear” memoir hit the shelves.

See also  Keke Palmer announces her pregnancy in 'SNL' monologue

The late Queen Elizabeth II, who died in September at the age of 96, gifted the house as a wedding gift to the royal family in exile.

they It said He paid the house’s rent for five months after stepping down from the Royal Family in March 2020, before paying a total of $3.3 million to cover costs, and licensing the house as theirs until March 31, 2022.

King Charles reportedly began the eviction process just one day after Spear came out.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images

“The amount covers all their current liabilities,” Sir Michael Stevens, custodian of Privy’s portfolio, confirmed in 2021. “We are confident it will be a good result.”

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made a significant contribution to the Sovereign Grant which has covered the costs of renovating Frogmore Cottage.”

The former Suits actress and Harry now reside Their mansion in Montecito, California, which has a value of $14 million With 3-year-old Archie and Lilibet’s daughter, one.

The house will now belong to Andrew, who was recently evicted from Buckingham Palace.
Samir Hussein/WireImage

The house has remained in the family since the Sussex family moved across the pond.

Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank have He was staying at Frogmore Since November 2020, but now we’ll have to hand the baton over to Eugenie’s father scandal-stricken Andrew Andrew.

For his part, Andrew has recently been given the boot from Buckingham Palace and is considering another possible eviction from the Royal Lodge – a residence on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

The Post has reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.




load more…








See also  Lindsey Perlman dead: 'General Hospital' actor reported missing


https://nypost.com/2023/03/04/harry-meghan-markle-will-expect-2-8m-spent-on-frogmore-cottage-back-expert/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site %20 buttons

Copy the share URL

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *