Russian Navy Chief Admiral Nikolai Yevmenov met with crew members of the sinking ship Moscow in Sevastopol on Saturday, the Russian Defense Ministry announced on Saturday, Reuters News.
The Moskva crew is said to have escaped the primary blastPhoto: Video Capture
Russia said on Thursday that Moscow had been submerged by explosives. Ukraine says Neptune missiles have hit the Russian Black Sea Navy’s main ship.
Russia’s Defense Ministry has released a 26 – second video showing Yevmenov and two officers standing in front of about 100 naval personnel.
The ministry did not say when the meeting took place.
Russia says 500 workers have been rescued after a bomb blast on Wednesday night. Ukrainian officials said some of those on board were dead, but provided no evidence to support their claims.
Anton Jerachenko, an adviser to the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, also wrote on his telegram channel that Anton Kubrin was the commander of the Moscow Cruiser. He would have died in the explosion.
Sevastopol Governor Mikhail Rasvozhayev said: “The staff was evacuated and they were rescued. That is the main thing. We are waiting for our heroes in Sevastopol.
Former Russian parliamentarian Ilya Bonomariov, who now lives in Kiev, says only 58 of the 510 workers survived, but the source is unclear.
“Evil gamer. Amateur music trailblazer. Alcohol geek. Problem solver. Coffee advocate. Troublemaker. Infuriatingly humble zombieaholic.”