Daily Wordle puzzles keep popping up, as Wordle 278 launches on March 24th. And if you’ve been playing Wordle since the old days (last October), the pressure will still be there to keep this winning streak alive. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help you, with a selection of spoiler-free hints and clues to ensure you arrive at the correct answer. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page for the latest tips, and good luck keeping up with this winning streak.
There’s a good chance you already know how to play Wordle, but just in case you’re new to the game, here’s how the daily puzzle works.
The goal of Wordle is to discover a five-letter word in just six attempts. If you get it wrong and you will have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle puzzle.
In order to get the correct answer, you will need to pay attention to the color of the tiles, which will appear in one of the three colors.
If the square turns gray, the letter will not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, then the letter you guessed is in the word, and not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, then the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your stats, showing how many correct answers you’ve managed, and how fast you can solve the puzzle of the day – something that can be shared on social media for bragging rights.
Read on for Wordle 278 tips for March 24th…
General tips and advice about Wordle …
• Do not use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, especially “a” and “e”.
• Avoid letters such as “X”, “Z” and “Q” until later, when you have a better idea of the answer.
• “CRane” is a good word to start with, while “GHOUL” is a decent second guess.
• Check out Express Online’s daily tips below…
Wordle 278 Hints and Guides…
1. Wordle 278 contains only one vowel.
2. Wordle 278 begins with the letter C.
3. The answer to Wordle 278 is buried deep within you. It’s time to extract it.
“Friendly food geek. Communicator. Hipster-friendly creator. Bacon evangelist. Zombie nerd. Pop culture advocate. Beer aficionado.”