A body found in an English river belongs to Nicola Bulley, the woman who went missing in the middle of a video call.

Updated Date:
Release Date:

The body found in a river in England is that of Nicola Bulley, a woman who disappeared in the middle of a video call. Photo: Profimedia

Police in England have confirmed that the body recovered from a Lancashire river on Sunday is that of missing woman Nicola Bulley. Guardian.

Lancashire Police said the body was found by two people walking in an area near the village of St Michael’s in Wyre on Sunday.

At a press conference on Monday, an investigator announced: “Unfortunately, we can now confirm that yesterday we rescued Nicola Pulley from the River Wire. The family has been informed and is understandably devastated. Our thoughts are with them at this time. We recognize the tremendous impact his passing has had on his family and friends, but also on the people of St Michael’s. We would like to thank everyone who helped us with a very complex and very emotional investigation. It’s not an outcome any of us want, but we hope it gives our loved ones some answers. The case is currently being investigated by the investigating officer,” he said.

A statement was read on behalf of the young woman’s family, which was mainly an assessment of the media’s reaction to her disappearance.

The statement concluded: “Finally, Nicky, you are no longer missing, you have been found and we can now lay you to rest. We love you, we have always loved you, we will love you, and we will continue from here.”

Nicola Bulli’s body was found about a kilometer from where she was last seen. Photo: Profimedia

The 45-year-old mortgage consultant, who went missing 24 days ago, was found more than a kilometer from where she had last walked her dog on January 27 after dropping off her two daughters at school. On a bench near a steep riverbank, moments later, her dog is also connected to her phone — still connected to a work conference call.

See also  Pablo Escobar's son: "Just because my father didn't enjoy anything shouldn't make him a success story"

Ben Posicha, director of the mortgage agency where Bully worked, said he contacted the woman via video conference at 9:01 a.m. Friday, the day she disappeared. At 08.53 she had sent an email to her boss. “Apparently he was mute and there was no camera. He was listening to his dog while he was walking,” he said. “There were a lot of people participating in the video conference. The police are investigating everything,” Bochicha added.

The police had earlier said that the 45-year-old woman may have gone into the river and there is no doubt about her disappearance.

The search attracted great interest and many people visited the area to film.

Publisher: A.P

Download the Digi24 app and find the most important news of the day

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *