Diablo IV It’s still two months away, but Blizzard is already trampling some of the game’s most popular categories ahead of its June 6 release date. studio She posted a new blog on her website Thinking about the last beta of the game, and sharing what is basically a whole bunch of patch notes to be done beforehand Diablo IVrelease. While there aren’t a lot of hard numbers to crunch away, you can at least get a sense of where some of the game’s character classes are by the time fans get to play them again.
What’s Blizzard doing to my precious baby necromancer angel?
At the end of March, a blizzard He said that necromancers and magicians are the most popular classes between beta players. This was especially important for the Necromancer, as the class was only available during one of the two test periods in the game, while the Mage was available for both. KotakuLevi Winslow used the Necromancer more, and He said the class was “really busted” Thanks to his ability to revive dead skeletons to fight alongside them. While the new Blizzard blog says that these dead minions will die more often, there are no exact numbers or any mention of a smaller, structural number of people being imposed on players. The developer notes that the increased vulnerability of the dead will make raising them “a more active element” of necromancer gameplay, rather than something you can set and forget.
The magician’s debuffs appear to be less extensive, with Chain Lightning dealing less damage and reducing effectiveness specifically against main characters. But then the class gets some buffs with abilities like Charged Bolt and Lucky Hit chance boost to reward Meteor Skill’s Enchantment.
While players will get some changes in the end game, some enemies will as well. The butcher is an enemy Gave some players a hard time during the trial periodYou might get some kind of rework before the game is released. The blog states that the team has “re-evaluated” the enemy in terms of difficulty, and it will “present more of a challenge at World Levels Three and Four.” So it looks like it might get easier on lower difficulties, but more difficult on higher ones.
what’s going on in Diablo IV Pre-release patch notes?
After the balance changes, Blizzard is also tweaking it Diablo IVDungeons layouts to avoid backtracking, which she says was a common complaint during betas. here Full list of patch notes for those curious:
- One of the most common reactions Blizzard has received is that players felt like they were doing too much backtracking inside certain dungeons. The team has improved several dungeons across all regions to reduce the need to retreat. Here is a list of dungeons specifically in the Rift Peaks region that have received layout updates:
- Caldera Gate
- The defiled catacombs
- Abandoned lodge
- Forbidden City
- Frost cleared
- Eternal emanation
- Kor Dragan Barracks
- Rimskar Caves
Developer Note: Our primary intent with the layout changes was to reduce certain types of rollback that detract from the player experience. An example of this change is that players previously needed to enter side rooms to interact with structure objectives, which caused them to re-walk down the same path. Now, many of our Temple objectives have been relocated along the main dungeon paths, making them easier for players to access and allowing them to easily explore the dungeon after defeating the Temple.
- Increased chance of an event appearing inside a dungeon from 10% to 60%.
- To reduce the need to retreat, small numbers of slash monsters will look for the player to help complete the Kill All Monsters objective.
When the Animus is collected, the player and nearby allies will:
- Get 10 resources.
- Decrease all active rest periods by 1 second.
- Animus channel deposit time reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
- Rescue time reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
- All rescue targets now drop a health potion on completion.
- While holding the Ancient Statue, Bloodstone, Mechanical Chest, or Stone Sculpture, you will gain a momentum bonus that gives a 25% increase in movement speed for you and nearby allies.
- Substrate channels time reduced from 2 to 0 sec.
- Returning a mobile sprite to its base now restores health, resources, potions, and resets rest periods for all nearby players.
- All doors will now generate a ping mini-map when opened.
- All Temple objectives in dungeons now have additional combat mechanics that players must overcome.
Developer Note: While Dungeons offer a variety of objectives to complete, player feedback stated that the procedure for completing each objective was tedious. We hope that introducing rewards, such as increased mobility while carrying certain objective items, will simplify and change the experience of completing objectives. This mod is just a starting point, and we intend to extend this philosophy to Switches in a future update.
- Effects such as Stun and Freeze can be applied to Elite Monsters twice before they become unstoppable.
- Review class skills to ensure that all classes have access to sufficient skills that remove the harmful effects of control.
- Many Legendary Powers have been upgraded for their effectiveness.
- Added a fixed 10% passive damage reduction for the Barbarian class. Reduced the effects of some passive Skill Tree items on damage reduction to compensate.
- Whirlwind skill now deals more damage and consumes more rage.
- The Double Swing skill boost feature restores the full Rage cost when used on Stunned enemies.
- Companion skills will now deal greatly increased damage.
- The cooldown times of all ultimate skills have been reduced.
- Made usability improvements to Maul and Pulverize.
- Using a shapeshifting skill will transform the druid back into his human form.
- Summoned Minions will die more often, requiring players to use corpses more often.
- The stats of many of the Bounties in the Book of the Dead have increased.
- The damage dealt by the Corpse Explosion skill has been reduced.
- Skeletal Warriors and Mages’ brightness has been reduced.
- Upgrade rewards for stunt skills have been increased.
- Multiple passive skill bonuses have been increased.
- Increased rest times for all saturation skills.
- Charged Bolt damage increased and mana cost to cast decreased.
- Reduces Lightning’s chain damage and reduces its effectiveness against bosses.
- Decreased waiting period for bonus Incinerate Skill magic.
- Firewalls will now appear under enemies more frequently when using the Enchantment Bonus.
- Increased the lucky chance of the Meteorite Charm reward.
Developer note: When we make changes to our classes, it’s with the goal of making them and their skills feel impactful and powerful – and your feedback has helped us maintain this ideal. Some players subtly noticed that some skills were very powerful. One of our goals with skills is to make them fun to use and interactive in terms of detail and combat feel. We’ve made some changes to help in this regard, with one example being the necromancer’s minions. We’ve made a change that makes them more vulnerable in combat, which will make raising the dead a more active element of the necromancer game. The launch is just the first step in our category’s balancing journey, and you can expect many more updates iterating on this column from Diablo IV.
- Fixed an issue where the built-in screen reader would not read key prompts, details of game options, and other UI texts.
- Fixed an issue where actions could not be associated with the mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the Evade could not be linked to the correct analog stick on the controller.
- The chat will now be displayed on the left side of the screen when using the central action bar configuration.
- Character stats will be displayed by default when players click the Material and Stats button within their inventory.
- Move and Interact inputs can now be mapped to a single button while Primary Attack inputs are mapped to a secondary button.
- The sans serif font used in the game has been replaced with a new serif font.
- Fixed several issues that allowed bosses, such as the Butcher, to not respond.
- Butcher has been re-rated to check difficulty and will be more challenging at World Levels 3 and 4.
- Bosses such as T’chort, Malnok, Vhenard, and others have been re-evaluated for melee character difficulty, resulting in changes to attacks and combat mechanics.
- Fixed an issue where the Vampire Brutes with the Shadow Enchant sticker would throw an Impale Chain.
- Increased chance of a dungeon event occurring in the cellars.
- Vaults will now continuously reward chest upon completion.
- Fixed an issue where vaults were marked as complete prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where the secured elite monster would not be available from the Vault.
general quality of life
- Fixed an issue where players could increase their attack speed with movement canceling attacks early.
- Fixed an issue where characters were not invulnerable and untargetable after loading into an area.
- The Reset Dungeon button is disabled.
- Fixed an issue causing Gale Valley and Serac Rapture to contain fewer monsters than intended until campaign missions in those areas were completed.
“Friendly food geek. Communicator. Hipster-friendly creator. Bacon evangelist. Zombie nerd. Pop culture advocate. Beer aficionado.”