According to the head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, quoted by Ukrinform, the Russian Federation is trying to increase the production of any weapons, especially drones and missiles. “In general, the war is really a war of technologies. We see the Russians trying to increase production of all kinds of weapons, especially drones and missiles,” he said.
Sniper in the Kherson regionPhoto: Virginie Nguyen Hoang/AFP/Profimedia
A brief recap of recent events:
- According to officials, the blast damaged a historic cathedral and other cultural sites. Kiev has vowed to retaliate, but its military’s air defenses are struggling to fend off repeated attacks on Odessa.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Ukraine’s counteroffensive had failed because he had held talks with his close ally, Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko. Russian news agencies reported that Lukashenko said there was “no counterattack.” To which Putin replied: “It exists, but it failed.” Ukraine launched its long-awaited counteroffensive last month, but has made only moderate progress so far.
- A mercenary who took part in Yevgeny Prigozhin’s one-day revolt against the Russian military leadership a month ago said he and his comrades “did not know” about the plan of the head of the paramilitary group who ordered to occupy the city of Rostov-on-Don and march on Moscow, the BBC writes.
- Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said Kiev and Warsaw “will always be united” after Vladimir Putin and Alexander Lukashenko accused Poland of having territorial ambitions. “Putin’s attempts to drive a wedge between Kiev and Warsaw are as futile as the failed invasion of Ukraine,” Kuleba tweeted on Sunday. “Unlike Russia, Poland and Ukraine have learned from history and will always stand united against Russian imperialism and disregard for international law.”
- A meeting of the new NATO-Ukraine Council to address Black Sea security is scheduled for Wednesday, President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Sunday.
Ukraine War Highlights, Day 516, Live:
07:12On July 23, 35 clashes took place between Ukraine’s security forces and the Russian occupiers, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Army said on Monday. In the past day, the Russian aggressors launched attacks using 17 cruise missiles and 2 ballistic missiles. Air defense destroyed 9 cruise missiles. Unfortunately, there are casualties among civilians, residential buildings, churches and other civilian infrastructure. The probability of launching missiles and airstrikes across the territory of Ukraine is high.
06:44Training for Ukrainian pilots to fly US F-16 fighter jets will begin in August and last at least six months, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said.
06:30According to the head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, quoted by Ukrinform, the Russian Federation is trying to increase the production of any weapons, especially drones and missiles. “In general, the war is really a war of technologies. And in order to improve them, we see that the Russians are trying to increase the production of any weapons, especially drones and missiles,” he said.
06:20In the Kharkiv region, Ukrainian border guards destroyed an enemy kamikaze drone loaded with explosives. “A kamikaze drone laden with explosives failed to reach border positions in the Kharkiv region. State Border Guards of Ukraine shot it down after opening fire with small arms,” the State Border Service of Ukraine posted on Telegram. .
06:00Moscow’s mayor, Sergei Sobyanin, announced Monday morning that “drone strikes” had hit two “non-residential” buildings in the Russian capital overnight, with no casualties, AFP and Agerpres reported.
10:45 p.m Criminals, volunteer fighters and arms smugglers from Ukraine stole part of the weapons and equipment provided by Western countries for Ukrainian troops last year, but they were eventually recovered, according to CNN’s report of the inspector general of the Defense Department, News.ro writes.
20:42Ukraine’s head of diplomacy, Dmytro Kuleba, vowed on Sunday that Kiev and Warsaw would “always be united” after comments by Vladimir Putin and Alexander Lukashenko accused Poland of wanting to reclaim territories from Ukraine’s west.
19:26The Ukrainian Defense Ministry has released images of the destruction caused by Russian bombing of the Palace of Culture in Cheasov Yar, Donetsk region, which was used as a center for humanitarian aid and medical care.
“Evil gamer. Amateur music trailblazer. Alcohol geek. Problem solver. Coffee advocate. Troublemaker. Infuriatingly humble zombieaholic.”