Putin’s spokesman admits significant troop casualties: “This is a great tragedy for us.”

Russia’s “significant troop losses,” President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov acknowledged on Thursday. Reuters.

Pesco was asked on Sky News that the war was a “disgrace” as Russia withdrew from Kyiv and lost thousands of soldiers. The Russian official said it was a “misunderstanding” of what had happened. However, when asked if Russia had lost thousands of soldiers, he admitted: “Yes, we have significant casualties from the troops, which is a great tragedy for us.”

Putin’s spokesman said leaving Kiev and Chernivtsi was a “beneficial step” to “raise tensions” during the peace talks.

In an interview, Peskov reiterated Russia’s intentions, describing it as a “special military operation”, saying that Ukraine had become “anti-Russian” and that “Russia was” very tense “as NATO” began to approach our borders. .

Russian officials have previously said 1,351 soldiers were killed. The full death toll is unknown, but a NATO official was quoted in the US press as saying that the death toll was estimated at 7,000 to 15,000.

Author: A.A.

See also  War in Ukraine, Day 425. The city of Sevadopol in Crimea was hit by drones

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *